Thursday, April 19, 2007

Virginia Tech Shooter

Shooter Cho Seung-Hu returned wielding his weapons one more time and speak surreally from the grave. Cho mailed video clips and pictures to NBC headquarters in New York between the first shooting and the more deadly massacre at Norris Hall.

That would help explain one of the biggest mysteries about the massacre: where the gunman was and what he did during that two-hour window between the first burst of gunfire, at a high-rise dorm, and the second fusillade, at a classroom building. Cho was on a mission, and there's no turning back. That 2 hour window was crucial, he must have thought about it again and again but still went on to continue what he thinks need to be done.

"You have vandalized my heart, raped my soul and torched my conscience," he said into the camera, looking down occasionally from his notes. "You thought it was one pathetic boy's life you were extinguishing. Thanks to you, I die like Jesus Christ, to inspire generations of the weak and the defenseless people."

By the time the 23-year-old student had videotaped his suicide message, he knew what was to come. He hoped that a stunned and grieving nation would listen, riveted, to his words.

"I didn't have to do this. I could have left. I could have fled," he said. "But no, I will no longer run."

"It's not for me. For my children, for my brothers and sisters. ... I did it for them."

1 comment:

Stephen said...

No amount of reasoning can take back those lives. I hope there will be no more Cho in the future. Let us just pray for the souls of the victims.